January 08, 2016

Watercolor Portrait of Grampy and the Monkeys

During the Annapolis Basin Watercolor Symposium that I took part in last Sept/Oct, I started a painting of my Grandfather.  We got to pick 5 topics/teachers for the week, and I made a point to make sure I specified the portrait workshop for the end of the week, so that I could learn as much as I could before attempting such a feat.

And I believe it paid off!



I did learn an awful lot that week.  Maybe I'll talk about it in a future post.

What really shocks me about this painting though, is that I finished it in less than 3 months.  Usually I'm pretty good at starting projects, but not quite so good at following through (speaking of which, I really ought to get back at that electric guitar I started way back when...see the posts Electric Guitar ProgressElectric Guitar Sketch and Electric Guitar Progress).  I'm usually pretty good when there is a deadline though, and I really wanted to give this to Grampy as a Christmas present, so I guess that was enough incentive to keep me going.  I also made a few prints for others in my family that I thought might like a copy.

I need to do more of this watercolor stuff :)

No comments:

Post a Comment