February 21, 2016

Artist Trading Cards

I recently found out about ATCs (Artist Trading Cards).  I love this idea!  Artists create mini works of art on 2-1/2" x 3-1/2" material, small enough to fit in a standard trading card sleeve, and then trade them with other artists.

I've always wanted to collect art, especially from local artists, but
1) I only have enough wall space for so many artists
and 2) The art that I like tends to be expensive
So the trading card idea is awesome for me.  I have an excuse to sit down and create art, and I have a way of collecting other artists work without breaking the bank or overloading my walls.




These 2 cards above were done with watercolor crayons and watercolor pencils on watercolor paper.  The first is a picture of one of the roses I got for Valentine's Day.  For the second, I asked my niece Kayla (she was visiting for the weekend) what to paint next and she said daisies.  They are one of my favourite flowers, so I jumped on that idea.


Then she got out her Shopkins for me to paint on some of the watercolor paper offcuts.  My favourite is "Cheeky Chocolate".

No comments:

Post a Comment