September 02, 2016

Annapolis Royal Paint the Town

Paint the Town in Annapolis Royal was a lot of fun.  I spent pretty much the whole first day in the Historic Gardens, and sold these 3 roses in the auction.  The painting of the hydrangeas came home with me.


On Sunday, I set up along the boardwalk to paint these inukchuks that were set up on the rocks.  This one is in watercolor, 11"x15".  From talking to passersby, it sounds like these inukchuks have only appeared here within the last few weeks.




After spending all morning on an 11"x15" painting, I decided to do a couple smaller watercolors in the afternoon.  I had fun with the sky in the last painting, so I figured I would play some more with that in the smaller ones.  Both of these were painted from Fort Anne.  I spotted a sailboat heading back to Digby, so I sat down in the grass in the much needed shade and painted "Sailing Home".  And since I still had time to paint one more before I had to head home myself, I walked a couple of feet, sat down low, and painted "Adirondack Chairs".



These outdoor painting events are an awesome experience.  I enjoy taking a break from painting and browsing the auction for inspiration.  Even though we are all painting in the same general location, it is interesting how we all see and are inspired by completely different things.

I'm now looking forward to "A Brush of Autumn Color" in Lunenburg, which is a very similar event to the Annapolis Royal "Paint the Town", and the Lunenburg "Paint Sea on Site" event I participated in last July.


No comments:

Post a Comment