July 15, 2016

Refining my Guitar with a Grinder



I took a grinder to my guitar the other day.  After playing air guitar for a bit, I realized that the neck was still too thick.  Seems a bit harsh to use a grinder at this stage of the game, but I don't always have the patience for chisels and planes.  Even considering the time it takes to sand out the grinder marks afterward, I still find it faster this way.

And the grinder is more comfortable in my hands.  Must be all those years working on fiberglass and metal boats.  I find the grinder easier to use for smoothing out the various curves of a guitar.

I'm looking forward to finally playing this some day.  Just need to finish sanding, painting, varnishing...install the frets...put the hardware back on...wire it up...put some strings on and play!

No comments:

Post a Comment